Turkish red pepper spread. Original recipe in Vegan Fire and Spice by Robin Robertson.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes
- 2 roasted red peppers
- 3/4 cup cashews (can also add sunflower seeds. original recipe calls for walnuts.)
- 1 clove garlic (or 1/2 tsp minced garlic)
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes (can sub. dried red peppers to taste)
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1 tbsp parsley (minced fresh)
- Bring water to boil in a kettle and soak the cashews (and sunflower seeds if using them) in enough water to cover the nuts. Let sit 5-10 minutes.
- Combine all other ingredients except parsley in a food processor/high speed blender.
- Add cashews, drained, after they have soaked long enough to get soft.
- Blend all ingredients until smooth.
- Transfer to a bowl and sprinkle with parsley.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Recipe Categories: Sauces
Cuisines: Middle Eastern